With the world having to adapt digitally at a rapid pace during Covid-19, Ignition, a market leading events agency that is part of the Istoria Group, had to reimagining what was possible for exhibitions, events and brand experiences.
Tiny Spark were born right in the heart of that furnace, bringing together an expert and experienced digital team to respond to transformative change driven by the global pandemic that threatened the industry. This recruitment brought a vast array of expertise in digital strategy and production who were able to create virtual and hybrid exhibitions and events that provided both measurable and memorable experiences.
How we did it
The transformation needed to be quick as the service-offering pivot needed to meet the vast demand, so we concentrated on three key areas:
A strategic approach
To ensure the service offering was different from competitors, it was crucial we offered bespoke customer journeys for our clients that were designed to engage their target audience with captivating content, compelling their visitors to act throughout their virtual events.
Design should be smart. We created unique immersive environments suited to each target audience. Incorporating visual impact and functionality that provided an interesting customer experience where engagement is retained throughout the journey.
Measurement & insight
We’re in the era of personalisation and we leveraged user interaction and data collection to enhance the digital experiences we created, by showing delegates the virtual event was made for them.
Applying our expertise
In the past two years we have helped Ignition transform; developing a complete digital experience and hybrid event capability, as well as creating multiple ways to help their existing clients get more value from their digital spend.
Following on from that success, we are now offering our services outside of the Group clients to other brands, working under Tiny Spark as a specialist digital agency working independently (but still part) of the wider group. We can now offer the same digital expertise to help clients get more from digital, faster.
Our key people
- Helen MitchellChief Strategy OfficerHelen has over 18 years’ experience in client services, having led a number of award-winning accounts including Google, Barbour and UPS. Helen is dedicated to making a difference and looking for strategic and creative solutions to produce great outputs that all can be proud of.
- Alex SaxsonDigital DirectorFrom strategy to implementation, Alex heads up the digital team of thinkers, innovators and technologists. He uses his 21 years’ experience to combine craft and creativity, ensuring our projects have both form and function and place the audience at the heart of everything we do.
- Anton McCoyHead of TechnologyAnton has worked in the digital agency world for over 20 years. His background includes working with the BBC, the UK Home Office, HMRC, the Healthcare Commission and Kia. Anton’s mission is to make digital offerings accessible, usable and suitable for all, with end-user needs and requirements in mind at all times.
- Ben Laine-TonerBusiness AnalystWith over 15 years’ experience working in digital teams, Ben provides clarity of approach for everyone across the project team. Analytical and with a desire to create the best functional experiences for the user, he combines a pragmatic approach and business-centred understanding.
- Tim GautreyDesignerTim is a graphic designer who has extensive experience across digital design, branding and art direction. He has 8 years’ industry experience working with some of the world’s most prestigious organisations, including Rolls-Royce, IHG, The Coca-Cola Company, Deutsche Bank, NIO and BAE Systems.
Our team has a real depth and breadth of experience, having worked with brands across the world on everything from global marketing campaigns to internal communications. Along the way, we’ve created CRM systems, training aids, interactive video chatbots, reward and recognition platforms – and much more besides.