We’re part of a close-knit family
Tiny Spark are part of the Istoria Group, who are champions of sustainability. Our sister business Ignition are the 2020 winners of The Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development and holder of several ISO standards. The Group also incorporates an Incubator Hub, supporting promising small businesses in their growth and direction, so it’s part of our culture to gravitate towards more meaningful ways of doing business.
We love to solve business problems by understanding what customers think, feel and do. Our creativity, innovation and technical excellence allow us to provide an engaging and cost-effective way to deliver key messages and content to your audience.
It’s hugely important to us to build close relationships with our clients. We want to forge a partnership that fosters collaboration and enables creativity.
We need to get to know you (and your audience). That means a lot of questions and poking around to ensure we feel like we’re part of your team so we understand what you need.
Then it’s time to throw some ideas around and work out what kind of solution can make a difference to you and your audience.
Will our ideas work? That’s where we work with you to ensure no stone is left unturned. That might mean working directly with you, an IT team or your customers.
There’s nothing like evidence to prove we’re on the right track, so prototyping and testing means hitting the nail on the head is much more likely.
Now it’s time to get to work and create what we’ve all been working so hard towards. Heads down, our experts deliver time and time again.
When it’s time to look at the results, we’ll always try and look forward, rather than back – how do we improve and add value moving forwards?
Purpose. People. Profit.
There are many companies whose purpose is to do amazing things and we want to help them on their quest. We are serious about making a difference, so we seek to work with purpose-driven brands who value as we do the importance of data, insights, and continual learning to create a positive impact on customers, staff, businesses and the wider society.
Please contact us to find out about how we like to give back, including our 30% discount for registered charitable organisations.
- Helen MitchellChief Strategy OfficerHelen has over 18 years’ experience in client services, having led a number of award-winning accounts including Google, Barbour and UPS. Helen is dedicated to making a difference and looking for strategic and creative solutions to produce great outputs that all can be proud of.
- Alex SaxsonDigital DirectorFrom strategy to implementation, Alex heads up the digital team of thinkers, innovators and technologists. He uses his 21 years’ experience to combine craft and creativity, ensuring our projects have both form and function and place the audience at the heart of everything we do.
- Anton McCoyHead of TechnologyAnton has worked in the digital agency world for over 20 years. His background includes working with the BBC, the UK Home Office, HMRC, the Healthcare Commission and Kia. Anton’s mission is to make digital offerings accessible, usable and suitable for all, with end-user needs and requirements in mind at all times.
- Ben Laine-TonerBusiness AnalystWith over 15 years’ experience working in digital teams, Ben provides clarity of approach for everyone across the project team. Analytical and with a desire to create the best functional experiences for the user, he combines a pragmatic approach and business-centred understanding.
- Tim GautreyDesignerTim is a graphic designer who has extensive experience across digital design, branding and art direction. He has 8 years’ industry experience working with some of the world’s most prestigious organisations, including Rolls-Royce, IHG, The Coca-Cola Company, Deutsche Bank, NIO and BAE Systems.